Wednesday, November 14, 2007

surprised to see me again so soon?


More blogging, because it pleases me...
and a detail of Must Have's back, because it, too, pleases me.

Maybe a bit too much... You know, I'm afraid of tempting fate with all this adoration...I know Acornbud has recently paid the price for being too enthusiastic over her latest project. I'm afraid I'll be joining her, crying in the bachi gallery, if I don't settle down, here. Right now, I have an achy shoulder/neck/arm/hand, all on the left side; I can't even do any knitting. Bachi!! I'm hoping it's all up and running by tomorrow eve. Still, the joy of this yarn thrills me to no end. So soft, with nice stitch definition.

Our purple orchid is blooming! I am a terrible plant mother, and upon receiving an orchid from P for Valentine's day, I stuck it outside, once it had finished blooming. I feared I'd killed it from neglect, but it turns out orchids don't mind the abuse. I have some others in various stages of neglect, and intend to re-pot them, in a nicer medium of wood chips.
I think this orchid is a dendrobium. I have a phalenopsis orchid, too, but I think I really HAVE neglected it to the point of no return. We'll see...
It has been a beautiful day here in Nuuanu. No rain, but not hot at all, either. I love our falls and winters here.


My attitude is freakishly improved, following a visit to the mainland. Did I mention I absolutely adored Portland?

5 comments:

Opal said...

Oh I love the detail on the Must Have. I'm so sorry about your shoulder. I hope that doesn't mean you aren't coming tomorrow night!

Chelsea said...

Did I mention that Michael might be spending January in Hawaii?

Anonymous said...

woah! what rapid-fire posting! though not enough dog pics if you ask me. hope to see cricks tonight. i sure do like the multiple textures of your new cardi project -- sounds like you're enjoying the variety as i did in the kenobi. hope you can give that shoulder a rest. or swim more to make it do other things. at least that's what worked for me.
-da twine

Acornbud said...

The Must Have is great. I like the yarn too and will have to check out the other bag. I don't have much to swap, but then there is cash:)

Anonymous said...

The Must Have is exquisite!