Friday, August 08, 2008

k-brow: the meme issue

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?

Lessee...August 1998. Was living in a cute little cottage off a big public park in Sacramento. I'd just gotten Ella that summer, and she was a tiny, silly puppy. I'd probably just met, or was about to meet DisKnit, and I was a very new knitter. I was into planting rose bushes and yarrow and hollyhocks in my yard. I had a long commute to work and I hated it.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?

I'm saying it's for tomorrow, since my only to-do for now is to get some shut-eye:
1. LEAVE WORK EARLY, dammit.
2. haul off the recycling.
3. watch the Olympic opening ceremony, and knit some, though not on any Olympic project.
4. take the dogs to the schoolyard for some frolicking
5. wash some dishes.


3) Snacks I enjoy:

- whole wheat toast with Nutella
- pita chips and hummus
- tamari pumpkin seeds
- Seay's Almond Royale toffee things
- cottage cheese and tomatoes with salt n' pepper


4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

- have my dogs professionally groomed, every six weeks
- bankroll my sister's vacation fund
- fund art and music in public schools
- build a house in the Carson Valley, CA, with access to Grover Hot Springs
- go see this Arie Smit painting more often

http://www.6foot6.com/fr/insane/WALDRON2.HTM

5) Places I’ve lived:

-The Gambia in a mud hut
- Fort Devens, MA in army housing
- Richmond, VA in a 'gatehouse to an old Catholic orphanage
- San Francisco, CA in a small victorian house
- in a teepee out in the Arizona desert for 3 months in some awfully cold weather

Feel free to do the meme. I'm always the last kid on the block to do the meme, so feel free to do it over again.

No comments: