Got this from Chelsea's blog. She expressed a desire to hear my response, and it pleases me to please Chelsea, so here it is. All may participate, if you're on my bloglines (and who isn't?) I'll read you.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Nope. My mom had some boy names picked out, and I turned out to be a girl, and was given a name she and my dad thought was "feminine sounding."
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I think it was Friday morning, on the way to work, about something not work related.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes. I got bad grades in penmanship in school, but have been complimented on my writing's appearance by many, many co-teachers. I tend to print in D'nealian-style printing, though, as a leftie, I do make my letters in an unorthodox manner.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Pastrami, but I'm not picky. I'll happily eat bologna.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
No kids. I'm childish enough, as it is.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yeah, I guess. I like to think I'm friendly and easygoing.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
No I don't. Or I try very hard not to. I think it's over-glorified and emphasized in our culture, in fact.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
You know, I just might...given a jumping off place with good scenery and the presence of fun-loving accomplices.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Wheat Chex. I like good granola and a health food store cereal called Nature's Path Synergy, as well.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Not if I can avoid it.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Resiliency-wise, yes, very. Physically, in terms of muscle mass and power, not so much.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My tendancy to dwell in my own mental hamster wheel for much of my waking time.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My family. My VA pagan circle. DisKnit as a neighbor.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO DO THIS?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
We don't wear shoes indoors in Hawaii. The last shoes I wore was last night's black Dansko Mary Jane clogs, worn against the possibility of puddle wading.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Oatmeal, with honey and peanut butter mixed in.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
NPR's Sound and Spirit. Water running in the Nuuanu streambed. Some birds cheeping.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
In this order: Eau de horse barn; leather, horse, and hay. Fresh mint. Fresh cut grass. Roses. Nag Champa incense. Lavender. Burning sage. The sheepy smell of some yarns and rovings. Eau de crayon box. Playdoh. Cloves.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Opal, who was making me laugh inappropriately, as I waited in the Hee Hing valet parking line.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Yes, I do, though we've never met. I love her blog.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Um...I don't like watching sports that much. I do confess a love of televised bicycle racing commentary with Phil Liggett, a la Tour de France. I like to watch equestrian events, thought they are rarely on tv. I love to watch dog agility.
27. HAIR COLOR?
Naturally: medium brown going grey, with a big shock of white on top.
Currently: bright red. I like it. This, too, shall pass...
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Not usually. I have contacts, but I mostly just wear them for snorkeling, so I can see the fishies clearly.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Oh, everything is fair game. Usually in the spicy-savory zone. The cuisine of south India is perhaps my favorite locale. Think fiery curries with a distinct lemony tang, fish, and yummy puffy breads.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I like scary but not gruesome. I prefer Hitchcock-style, or ghostly. Violence, gore, slasher, not at all. I do like a happy ending, as well.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
"Blood Diamond" Excellent but harrowing to watch.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Tan, orange and brown. A promo shirt for this film, which is directed by the friend of a friend.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Depends on who from.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Gelato, whenever I can get it. Marzipan, whenever I can get it.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Hoping that DisKnit responds, and all other readers of this blog.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
You know who you are.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
"Duma Key" by Stephen King. Weirdness.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don't use one, but I still have one, "Oklahoma State University Food and Fiber Systems Literacy Program" advertising a curriculum I piloted for the good ag ed folk back in the day.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
The tivo'd finale of The Amazing Race.
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
The soft rippling of a sunny stream.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Since home keeps moving, my perspective keeps changing. Right now, I feel so very far from home, though I am in my home. I guess, globally, as opposed to philosophically, the island of Java is as far, culturally and geographically, as I have ever been.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can fix some things that leave my spouse baffled. I can go into a trance state with no problem whatsoever. Sometimes this is a problem.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Columbia, South Carolina
47. WHAT ARE YOU BAKING NEXT?
Anise biscotti dipped in dark chocolate for the NRN cookie exchange.
48. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR FIRST LOVER IS?
In a big southern city, running a brew pub and no doubt telling the same damn jokes he always told.
49. WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING RIGHT NOW?
Some cold coffee I pirated from P.
50. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
All and sundry.